Download Membership Form
If you or your museum are currently not members of the AMA, the voice of Alabama museums, you should consider joining. Membership in the AMA grants you all of the following benefits:
listing on this web site
Everyone who's anyone in Alabama is on our site. Make sure that your institution is listed among the best attractions our state has to offer.
of job postings on this web site
- Subscription to AMA quarterly members' newsletter
- Subscription to AMA eList
These email updates provide timely news about grant funding, educational programs, regional workshops, and job announcements.
- Attendance at annual meeting
- Discounted registration fees for roundtables and workshops
- The Gaylord Partnership Program Discount
Gaylord offers AMA members a 15% discount on orders placed for archival, storage, and preservation supplies. You also qualify for free shipping if your order exceeds $100. Use priority code AMA04 when ordering to receive your discount. As an added bonus, Gaylord will donate 2% of your purchases back to AMA to help support their educational and legislative endeavors in your state. Contact Dana Knapp at 800.345.5330, Option 3 or email email@example.com with questions. To order, call 800.448.6160 or visit www.gaylord.com
- Access to conference scholarships
Want to attend a conference, but need assistance with the cost? When funds are available, the AMA can provide grants for members to attend AMA and SEMC conferences.
- Access to the Alabama Museums mailing list
The Alabama Museums mailing list contains contact info for over 430 museums statewide.
- Referral service
When you have a need, the AMA is here. Need a list of display companies or security services? Want to know the best place to find banners to promote an exhibit? We can point you in the right direction.
- Eligibility to serve on the AMA board and association committees
- Voting privileges in the AMA board election
Institutional members receive one vote in this annual election.
- Representation on the state, regional, and national levels regarding issues of concern to museums and historical societies
- Inclusion of your museum news in the SEMC newsletter
Share your museum's news with the AMA so that it may be included in the SEMC newsletter and website.
- Networking opportunities with state, regional, and national museum professional organizations